Do you think that an iPhone 3GS 4.2 jailbreak is not worth it? You are not alone. Many people are also thinking that jailbreaking the iPhone 3GS is not necessary. After all, the 4.2 firmware was laden with new features never before seen in any Apple device. Still, a lot of iPhone owners have already joined the jailbreak bandwagon. And it’s quite easy to know the reason why.
Before you decide whether to get on with your jailbreak attempt or not, let’s first look at the pioneering features of the 4.2 firmware for iPhone 3GS.
- Customizable tones for messages (SMS/MMS). Before, you can only assign a custom ringtone for calls. With the 4.2 firmware enhancement, you can even set the tone for text messages. Now you’ll know who sent you a text message even when not looking on the phone.
- Slider adjustments for volume. It’s quite fascinating how a powerful phone can have limited control buttons. It’s because the iPhone’s Home button is somewhat a jack of all trades. Now you can even adjust the volume of your iPhone 3GS by simply swiping it from let to right a second time (which activates the volume control feature). This is pretty useful if you can’t press the volume buttons of your iPhone for some reason.
- Easy search in web pages (Safari). With the influx of different web browsers on the iPhone 3GS, here’s a good reason to stick to Safari: you can now search a specific text on a web page. Simply type the word or sets of word on the Safari’s search box and a toolbar will pop out at the bottom of the display to help you browse all the search hits.
- AirPlay for multimedia. You’ve seen this kind of feature before through the old AirTunes used by Apple a couple of years back. What the iOS 4.2 did was to improve this old version so that iPhone users can better enjoy their media files. Now you can stream music, photos and videos directly to compatible devices without ever needing to connect to iTunes or attach docks and cables.
- Wireless printing. AirPrint enables users of iPhone 3GS to instantly print their documents via a compatible printer with no cables attached. This also eliminated the use of the iTunes’ Document Sharing features (thus not requiring you to sync to iTunes if you simply want to print a document).
An Easy-to-Follow Jailbreaking Process
1. Go to the jailbreak software website, create an account and download the latest version of the software. If it is a zip file, you will need to extract it. If not, simply double-click on the software icon to launch it.
2. Connect your iPhone 3GS to the computer. The moment your PC detects it, turn it off. Some settings prompt iTunes to start automatically when the iPhone connects. If this happens, just close iTunes before proceeding
3. There are two stages of the jailbreaking process. The first one will prepare your iPhone 3GS for jailbreaking. Begin the first stage by clicking on the “Start Process” option on the screen. Just follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU mode.
4. If successful, you can proceed to the second stage of the jailbreaking process. Click on “Jailbreak” button. When it’s complete, you will have to click on the “Quit” button to close the application. Your iPhone will reboot after a few minutes. Tap on the loader button and install Cydia.
5. Once Cydia is installed, uninstall the Loader app.
To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak the iPhone 3GS
With a jailbreak software, you can install third-party apps that are not available in the App Store and even customize the graphic display of your mobile device. What’s more is that all the current features of your iPhone 3GS 4.2 will not be affected. It’s because it only aims to unlock all the features of the operating system. Those who are afraid of the risks should know that most of the potential damages can be prevented by using a tried and tested jailbreaking software.
Why don’t you take a look at this software? Visit: iPhone 3GS 4.2 Jailbreak Software
Your iPhone 3GS can still have customizable tones, volume slider via the home button, wireless document printing and multimedia access without connecting to iTunes.
So are you ready to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS today? Right Now? Visit: iPhone 3GS 4.2 Jailbreak